08 July 2008

Tweedy Vest Update

It is hard to see the pattern in my Tweedy Vest - it could be because of the variegated yarn or because I haven't gotten very far with the vest. The vest had to be taken apart a few times because I had to play with the gauge a few times, but I think I've figured it out. The pattern is not that difficult if you pay attention, but if you lose track, it's time to take a row or two out. I have to change the pattern every 4 rows, so it can be a bit difficult to give the project 100% of my attention. I'm glad that I've started this project, but I think that I'm going to set it aside for awhile because I want to work on the u-neck vest because it's much easier and requires less attention - it's just a 2x2 rib. I also have wristlets to work on and I'm hoping to finish all, or at least finish three before I leave for Poland. Here is a better picture of the finished product of the Tweedy Vest.

No comments: