22 August 2008
I'm finally done with the U-neck vest. The hardest part about it was doing the ribbing around the neck and arms. It looks kind of shabby on the hanger, but I had to quick take a picture of it before I put it in my suitcase - I'm going to take it to Poland with me. It looks tight, but I assure you it fits. The waffle stitch pattern looks complicated, well, kind of, but it's really easy and turned out beautifully.
08 July 2008
All these vests, yeah I know, but they are cute. I've actually gotten pretty far on the pattern, considering I've only worked on it for a few days. I'm half way done on the body portion of the vest and then I can start on the bust region. It would be excellent if I can finish this project this summer because then I can feel like I've actually gotten something done. I didn't even knit at all this past spring semester at school. Of course it didn't help that I was barely in my room, but it also didn't help that I brought all of my knitting home during spring break. Well, like I said, I hope to finish this project this summer. Hopefully more to come on my projects.
It is hard to see the pattern in my Tweedy Vest - it could be because of the variegated yarn or because I haven't gotten very far with the vest. The vest had to be taken apart a few times because I had to play with the gauge a few times, but I think I've figured it out. The pattern is not that difficult if you pay attention, but if you lose track, it's time to take a row or two out. I have to change the pattern every 4 rows, so it can be a bit difficult to give the project 100% of my attention. I'm glad that I've started this project, but I think that I'm going to set it aside for awhile because I want to work on the u-neck vest because it's much easier and requires less attention - it's just a 2x2 rib. I also have wristlets to work on and I'm hoping to finish all, or at least finish three before I leave for Poland. Here is a better picture of the finished product of the Tweedy Vest.
05 July 2008
I had started making this Sarena Shrug about three years ago and am about 20-25% done. I've decided to take it apart and make something else with the 4 skeins of Cascade 220 Heather, color 2434 Satine yarn that I have. The Sarena Shrug is pretty, but there are prettier things that I can make with the yarn. The reason why I'm taking it apart is because it is taking forever and no matter how much I work on it, I never feel like I'm making much progress. The pattern that I chose doesn't help with the matters because of how it scrunches. Instead I'm going to make Back-To-School u-neck Vest, which is featured in Fitted Knits. The pattern calls for 3 skeins, but I have 4, so I think I'm going to make a scarf with the leftover yarn - not sure which pattern yet, but we'll see. I think that both will be gorgeous.