13 November 2010

Nice and Chilly

New Beginnings -
I've successfully made it to the 5th trimester of Chiropractic College. The 2nd week of school I had 3 quizzes and 1 exam and that's what to expect nearly every week until the end of the trimester in mid-February. After this tri, only 5 more to go :-) ~1.33 more years until I'm officially a doctor. I've also found out that I'm going to be an "Aunty"; a friend of mine is pregnant. Currently the due date is unknown and the gender of the baby is going to be a surprise. Over break, I went to JoAnn's and picked out some yarn for the baby blanket; I'm just hoping that I'm able to finish it before the baby is born. I'm not sure if I'll finish it for the shower, unknown date, but if I can finish it before the wonderful birth, then that's all that matters. After I got the yarn, I then chose a pattern and this is what I picked out:

Pattern: Cielo Baby Blanket by Lisa Dusseault
Yarn: Caron One Pound (Soft Sage)
Needles: US 5 29" Circs

Mods: CO 168 for 7 sts garter stitch border on each side. (measured 47+ ” so frogged and new CO is 126 to try to get 34” for a width) Knitting 7 row garter stitch for the boarder and will finish off with a 7 row garter stitch boarder. Once I finished knitting the blanket, I wanted to be finished and not have to worry about adding on a different border.







Over Break I started and finished knitting Bella's Mittens. I want to block it before I would say that It's completely finished.

Yarn: 2 skeins Cascade Yarns 109 LE Bulky
Pattern: Bella's Mittens by Marielle Henault
Needles: US 7 DPN

Using the US 7 makes them a bit snug, but not too tight; concern is wearing clothes underneath the cuff portion. Will try US 8 next time as instructed (if I come across this yarn again as it is discontinued)



Then I started the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival Hat:

Yarn: Pilgrim from Briar Rose Fibers
Pattern: Sarah by Ariane Caron-Lacoste
Needles: US 4 & 6 Circs



Of course, it seems once I start a project, I have to start yet another. Going along with the matching winter set, I'm making leg warmers, a cowl, hat, and mittens in the same color.

Yarn: Brown Sheep Burly Spun (Charcoal Heather)
Leg Warmers: Daisy Rib Buttoned Legwarmers by Sarah Wilson
Cowl: Horizontal Cowl by Jennifer Fay
Hat: Shroom by Lee Wood Juvan
Mittens: Super Bulky Mittens for Women by Diane Soucy



I've started the leg warmers:
I've wanted to make these for a few years now and finally decided to make them. My legs were getting pretty cold, so I started these first.

Yarn: 2 skeins Brown Sheep Burly Spun (Charcoal Heather)
Pattern: Daisy Rib Buttoned Legwarmers by Sarah Wilson
Needles: US 13




Well, that's it folks; wish me luck on finishing the blanket :-) In addition, hopefully I'll at least be able to finish one set of matching mittens, scarf/cowl, etc to use this winter.

No comments: