15 September 2010

Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival 2010

I really haven't had the time to knit lately or rather, I haven't made the time to knit lately until this week. I painstakenly completed part 1 of National Chiropractic Boards (there are 4 parts total, including PT). After boards, I went home and enjoyed the company of my cat and dog. This last Sunday, I was in heaven and went to the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival in Jefferson, WI. The festival was absolutely wonderful, as usual, although it seems like the vendors didn't bring as much as last year. I enjoyed looking at each little shop. The roving was gorgeous, spinning wheels were spinning, and there was lots of lovely yarn. I had to go through the two big barns twice though to soak in all of the beauty - my eyes and brain was a little worn out from the previous to days I believe. I certainly was in my candy shop. I went to the wool festival knowing that I wanted to get a new ball winder (Royal). My now former ball winder wasn't a Royal and it would click each time I would wind the yarn up into a ball. It just wouldn't work as nicely as a Royal. I knew that the ball winders would be cheaper at the festival instead of JoAnns or anywhere else, plus I wouldn't have to worry about paying for shipping. Other than that, I went in to enjoy the scenery. Of course, I can't leave empty handed after going to a wool festival. This is what I got:

Royal Ball Winder from Sutter's Gold 'n Fleece



Shall Pin from Yarn's Forever

I'm not sure what I'll use the shall pin for yet, but I thought that it was pretty.



Pilgrim from Briar Rose Fibers

I plan on making a matching color set of Hat, Mittens, and Scarf. I only have odds and ends for everything and wanted to have a matching color set. I plan on making the following:

Feather & Fan Wrap by Briar Rose
Karin by Kamilla Svanlund
Sarah by Ariane Caron-Lacoste








I haven't started the hat, mittens, or scarf, but I did start a shrug. I need to update about this summer's yarn, but that will be updated later.

No comments: