22 February 2010

Stress + School = Knitted Purse

So, 2nd tri finals are finally here. Add a little stress to the mix of things and this is what you get:

Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted (2) M115 Oatmeal & (1) M185 Aubergine
Pattern: Damask by Berroco
Needles: US 10 Circulars 29"

After 2 finals last Friday and being pretty stressed, I needed to something, so I decided to knit. My current cast-ons, however, require too much thinking. I scrounged around in my stash and decided upon Damask. I bought the yarn a long time ago (I don't even remember exactly - looking back, it seems like 2007, wow) at Lakeside Fibers in Madison, WI. I casted on and am nearly half way done with the knitting portion. It is working out pretty well. I am a little worried though because I don't think that I will have enough yarn. On ravelry, people have used Lamb's Pride Worsted and one person used 3 skeins of the main color and another person got by with 2. Currently I'm a little over eight inches with a mini size bouncy ball's worth of yarn of the first skein. I'm hoping that my next skein will last until the project is finished, all 18" of it. Unfortunately, I don't think that getting another Oatmeal color would be a good option because the dye lot would be a few years different. I guess if I run out early with the oatmeal I could potentially do a border with the burgundy color - that could work. I'll have to see though where I end up with the chart.

I often wondered why the name Damask, and now I know.




I've started to pack for home already and my knitting bin is ready to go:


No comments: