27 February 2009

In my absence

Unfortunately I haven't been able to knit as much as I've wanted to so far while I've been at school. To get my knitting fix, I've been listening to the Lime and Violet podcast, among others and have been following a knitting journal.

All of the projects that people are knitting is making me jealous. Just two days ago I finally started the second sock. I'm not even 1 round into it. I started it Wednesday night and was really tired, so I just had to stop to avoid any mistakes. I don't know how many times I've taken it home hoping to do start it, but I haven't. Now I'm at home and I hope to at least get the cuff done. We'll see though. I have a test to study for that is coming up this Wednesday. There are always exams and projects, etc. I barely have enough time to sleep at times. I also have to go to the chiropractor tomorrow, which I'm looking for, especially after my accident-happened two weeks ago (the car, btw, is gone). I am also looking forward to getting the spring issue of Interweave Knits. I'd subscribe to the magazine, except I use 50% off coupons to purchase it.

I'm in the mood to make a slouchy type hat. My friend Julie wore one in Poland and it looked very nice on her. I also would like to make fair-isle mittens, along with thrummed mittens.

Sorry, I am really tired. I'm going to bed

No comments: