31 December 2007

Christmas Gifts

This Christmas, I received sock yarn, yarn to make a vest/tank top, Sensational Knitted Socks, and other things. I've decided what I want to make with the sock yarn, but am not going to start them yet until I finish my purple ribbed socks. Since I haven't made socks before, I've decided to start off with something easy instead of something with an "elaborate" pattern. For Christmas, I got Lang Yarns Aktian sock yarn (color 0195) and am thinking of making the Crossover Rib (Four-Stitch Ribbing Pattern) from the Sensational Knitted Socks Book. After noticing how the sock is knitted up, I may want to choose a pattern for yarn that may work better with something that isn't so busy. I will have to knit up a swatch of the pattern to see if it will work or not. I also got Berroco Sox (color 1425) yarn and am thinking of making the Laburnum Stitch (Five-Stitch Pattern) from the Sensational Knitted Socks book. I might have the same problem with this yarn as well as the Aktian yarn. I will just have to knit up a swatch of the pattern too to see if it's too busy or not.

I ended up starting and finishing my vest/tank top within a few days after Christmas. I used three skeins of Rowan Big Wool (028 Bohemian) and followed the Tank Top pattern from Classic Knits. I am pleased with how the pattern turned out, but I was stuck up on the right side of the front part of the V for awhile, but in the end all is well.


No comments: